Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6/12 Chemotherapy Begins...

My chemo began yesterday 6/12 and it was a long one. I had premeds saline and  IV Benadryl to get me relaxed and ready for the aggressive drugs  to be administered.  It began with Taxol and after completing, was told from the nurse that we didn't have enough time  to complete the whole protocol of chemo drugs.  Still freshly frustrated and diappointed from the recent messups from the different facilities I've had to work with, we didn't have any reservations about letting them know we didn't have any more days to waste and that something needed done was gonna have to happen today.  A few calls were made on my behalf to get things expedited and it was affirmed that we were going to proceed with treatment of Carboplatin & Avastin minus the Cetuxamab that would have required about 4 hours to complete, which we needed to be there at 10:00 am the next morning to get done.  I was able to keep my pain more managed and got a good nights sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment