Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OG Fest

Hello Everyone! I return to you with some wonderful recent news that can only make me smile, and smile some more! My recent scans reveal everything in containment and shrinking of the lung tumor.Apparently, it has shrunk more than 50% since the first scans were taken a few months back. Almost more exciting than that is the fact that I just completed my 6th and last round of Platinum Chemo and what a relief that is to my body, wow that did a number on me! An MRI helped show my T6 vertebrae in more solid shape and condition. I feel like I can start to try and strengthen my stagnant chi and overall self now that I can see things are looking up . I need to continue with the once a week schedule of infusions for the drugs Cytaximab and Avastin, while continuing with the aggressive Holistic methods in combatting this current condition.
      I have to say that my Life is full of Love and I have the utmost Gratitude for the recent pouring of support from some "old" and "NEW " Friends. I witnessed and experienced over 20 people making a Difference in someone's Life one day when they all surprised me and showed up at my doorstep on a quiet Sunday . It was one of the greatest days of my Life! The Group Picture was Amazing as I was holding up my T shirt that read "just Vu it". The Healing just gets better and better! Another night, a few of us met up for some quality time and good local BBQ.
     James Staake, the mastermind behind gathering the "surprise " of people and dinner at Mike's, has some amazing assistance from mutual friends of ours that show so much Love and Compassion. I cannot express the True Appreciation for their Endearing Friendships. Thanks . James not too long ago  said he had an epiphany to want to do something Greater and for a Purpose , and came up with the idea of throwing an awesome party that would include everyone together to enjoy fun times, good  company , and laughter. And in his recent discovery of my current conditions and the support of many of our mutual friends, James has decided to promote this OG Fest www.ogfest.com as a Vu Fundraiser as well as a Huge Party! It is scheduled for October 12th and goes from noon to 10. I'm not sure exactly what to think or how to feel but I know there will be a dunk tank and something along the lines of a metal rodeo bull. All I know is that I am Humbled and cannot express my Gratitude in words. I hope to help  create a successful event with James and all Friends who can be there to enjoy the Music of several bands, fun activities, and just overall good company.
      Recovery just gets better and Better!

1 comment:

  1. Vu, great to read about the recent positive reports on your health and OG Fest. what an awesome group of friends.

    I think and pray for you often friend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and support you and your family.

    Sending love,
    Carrie (McDowell) Kalmar

    ReplyDelete